Monday, March 3, 2014

High-Carb Day

In general, trying to keep my complex carbohydrate and sugar intake low has become my norm. However, I find the hardest time to do that is when the people I spend the most time with are eating anything and everything on the weekend.

My husband, like many husbands I know of, doesn't care to make all the changes I want to make. So, of course, when he is home on the weekend, the boys get treats that I don't buy on a regular basis anymore. 

Rather than fight over it, I just use the weekend, usually only one day, to relax and have a high carb day, which can actually work in my favor if I am trying to lose weight!

Put simply, this sort-of works to jolt my metabolism so when I go back to low carb the next day, my body will respond to the change and not plateau. (You can study carb cycling if you are interested.)

This method seems to work out okay for me. I don't typically "fall of the wagon"  and ruin what I've been doing.

So, to show you an example, my meal for this past Sunday included a baked patato, which I tend to stay away from through the week. We also had steamed broccoli and pork loin, which we cooked in the crockpot with a bottle of pork marinade on low all day. Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment