Friday, February 28, 2014

Little Changes=Big Payoffs

Back to the diet changes I made:

I got more diligent about checking labels for low sugar, low carbohydrates, the ingredients to avoid and the ingredients to include.

I became very brand-specific in my choices.  This can be extremely difficult when you have a strict budget to stick to, but fortunately I was able to buy the brands I found fit my criteria best.

I definitely know there are still probably better alternatives out there, but I've yet to make it to a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods because they aren't close to my house.  So, I make due with what I know is better so far.  My health is getting so much better since starting on doTerra oils, cleanses, and supplements a month ago!  I am hoping to learn more and make more changes as my energy and endurance increases.

I'll list some of my favorites as far as not-too-terrible ingredients and still great tasting in the recipes I list here so you can get an idea of what I use on a daily basis.  The important thing is to just start making some changes that won't stress you out.  Change a few things at a time, like using Hunt's All Natural Ketchup instead of the ones with high fructose corn syrup.  Some people would never think of even eating that, but every step forward is still a step forward.

I definitely know I won't continue anything that tastes gross or is a big nuisance to obtain.  I just won't, and I think you have to know what you will realistically do and start there.  I know I'm not going to be ordering a bunch of food from the internet, driving miles in traffic to grocery shop, going to several different stores, or growing my own garden.  I just don't have time to do those things at this point, nor any desire.  I just do what I can do with a joyful heart, and those changes have paid off big for me.  I feel better, look better, think better, my test numbers are all in good ranges now... Remember, every little change helps and little changes add up over time.  Just do what you can do.

Tip:  After nixing the sugary drinks out of your diet, start checking all the condiments and dressings.  There are many easy dressings you can make yourself, but if you won't, at least cut down on that sugar and get those nasty oils out of your fridge!  



No comments:

Post a Comment