Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tortellini Bake

I don't have a picture of tonight's dinner experiment but at least I can tell you about it!

I had a couple packages of Buitoni Whole Wheat Cheese Tortellini in the frig so I had a thought that I could use that and make a lasagna-type dish.

I defrosted a small bag of sausage as well as a small bag of beef. I poured a thin layer of Classico Four Cheese spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish (a trick to avoid sticking). I then used the remainder of the sauce to mix with the tortellini in a bowl. I put all that in the dish, then mixed the meat with some garlic seasoning and another jar of sauce and poured it on top the tortellini. I put a mix of Italian shredded cheeses on top and covered it with foil.

I baked it for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees and then removed the foil. I popped it under the broiler until the cheese was brown and bubbly!

I served it up with a simple organic romaine salad and it was splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment