Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Midnight Coconut Cocoa

I've been learning about the amazing benefits of coconut oil for a while now and last week I really committed to trying to get 3 tablespoons in my diet per day.

My favorite way to make this happen is in a warm drink. I can't drink coffee very often though, as my system doesn't like it. I like green tea okay, but I drink it a lot when I'm sick so it kinda just has bad associations now. Shiver. Other than that, I'm just not a huge tea fan.

Tonight, I was lying in bed, unable to sleep because I woke up with a tickle in my throat! I began (night) day-dreaming of something warm I could drink when all of a sudden, an idea popped...

So up I arose out of the bed, grabbed my fluffy robe, crept to the kitchen, fired up the faithful Keurig for some warm water, and gathered my supplies:

Organic, virgin coconut oil
Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
Truvia
Rhedi Whip

I have no idea how much of anything I threw in the mug in my midnight excitement, but I can promise you it hit the spot, warmed me up, and put a stop to that tickle in my throat real quick!

By golly gals, I believe I've found a new favorite drink :-) And the cool thing is that since adding the coconut oil to my diet, I've noticed my joints and muscles feel better, I've lost a half inch on my waist, and my endometriosis is better!

(No picture available as I slurped it down before I even thought of that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment