Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fast Steak & Asparagus Lunch

We had steak for dinner the other night, so I took what was left and cut it into small strips that I could use later for steak fajitas or something else.

Today for lunch, instead of fajitas, I sauteed the steak in a little butter (REAL butter!), some garlic salt, chives, minced onion, and A1 sauce.  

I had some asparagus that sounded scrumptious as well.  I snapped off the ends, rinsed it in a colander, and threw it on a cookie sheet with extra virgin organic olive oil, Lawry's seasoned salt, and pepper. I toasted it under the broiler on high for about five minutes.  I really wish I had remembered to squirt some lemon juice on it, as my sis-in-law just told me the other night that she loves that.  

It was a delicious little lunch on the fly!  

Don't be afraid to try an idea.  Some of my favorite meals have come out of my experiments!

Happy Thursday everybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment