Monday, February 24, 2014

Chicken Ideas

One of the main reasons I started this blog was because a friend wants me to share my favorite recipes, so Andrea, here's what's been cookin' good lookin'!

I had company over today so I made a bigger lunch and smaller dinner.

Lunch consisted of fried chicken, cauliflower faux potatoes, salad, and sauteed green beans.

Chicken: defrosted tenderloins which marinated in egg, milk, water, seasoned salt, and hot sauce (I don't know how long...long enough:)

I cut the tenderloins in half, drained them and breaded them with a mix I already had made up (seasoned flour, corn flakes, and spices like seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder) and added in some whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs and unsweetened coconut.  I fried them in coconut oil.  YUM!

Sauteed Green Beans:  bag of frozen long green beans, cooked on medium heat in coconut oil with some bacon bits and almond slices; seasoned with sea salt, pepper

Cauliflower "Faux" Potatoes: this was my first try at this dish!  I steamed the cauliflower, cut it up, added butter, dropped it in the Ninja with some sea salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and some cottage cheese I rinsed and drained.  I mixed it all up, put it into a glass 9x13 baking dish, put some sharp Cheddar cheese on top, and broiled it until the cheese was bubbly.  Oh and I did sprinkle some instant mashed potatoes in them because I wasn't sure if husband would eat them!  I think they would have been good without though.

For supper, I planned ahead to hit the lighter side.  I was in the mood for some Buffalo Chicken Wraps, but my kiddos don't like the spice.  To overcome this dilemma, I took one crock pot and put two foil "packages" side by side.  I put 5 frozen chicken tenderloins in each side.  In one, I put some Weber's BBQ sauce and in the other, I sprinkled dry ranch seasoning mix and Franks' Buffalo Sauce.  

I let those cook on low all day and when I was ready for them, I pulled out the packets and let the juice run off.  Next, I put the chicken in separate bowls and shredded it with two forks. Then, I added more bbq sauce and buffalo sauce.

The kids ate the bbq on whole grain buns.  I took low-carb tortillas, spread ranch dressing on, then spread out the buffalo chicken, lettuce, and cheese.  I rolled them up, cut them in half and served them with apples.  These wraps store very well in bags for lunches!


No comments:

Post a Comment